Under general supervision, this position is primarily responsible for all outgoing packing and shipping of orders and repairs in a manufacturing environment. This also includes receipt and organization of incoming inventory and non-inventory items. Will involve coordination with sales and technical departments.
- Packing and Shipping of all outbound orders and repairs
- Domestic and International
- Processing the shipping documentation specific to the method of shipment
- UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, Goldstreak, DBA, EEI, NAFTA…etc.
- Processing the general shipping documentation
- Pack slips and commercial invoices
- Staying current on regulations in regard to Li-Ion shipments
- Domestic and internationally
- IATA, DOT and Airmar
- Assure that ALL outbound shipments abide by the most current regulations
- Unpacking and Receiving of both inventory and non-inventory items
- Processing the receiving documentation
- Retrieval and Delivery of products purchased/returned with our local vendor network
- Disposal of hazardous items (Li-Ion, PCBs, florescent lights) at designated recycling centers
- Putting away of inventory and non-inventory items
- Keep stocked and organized shipping materials and expensed items
- Inspection/observation of discrepancies comparing received vs stock equipment
- Communication of discrepancies to inventory control and management
- Communicate with vendors, shipping companies and customers regarding
- Damaged packaging
- Lost or missing packages
- Incomplete/wrong shipments
- Cooperate with inventory control coordinator for special inventory projects
- Some mechanical assembly of stock hardware (paravane and door pockets)
- Some electrical assembly of non-inventory (transducers and batteries)
- Processing of assembly orders documentation
- BACK-UP - for the following:
- Stock assessment and orders
- Non inventory assessment and orders
- Tech. supply ‘non-inventory’ assessments and orders from 3rd party venders
- Weekly cycle counts
- Inventory issues that need resolution (counting, labeling, organizing, etc.)
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Well versed with modern technology (computers)
- MS SW suite user
- Good with planning
- Use of hand tools and light machinery
- High school graduate
- 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferably some customer service experience
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Physical Requirements and Abilities:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitively or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Ability to lift items as much as 55lbs or more.